Hydraulic Fracturing Textbook
Support and Knowledge Base
- Data Needs for Optimal Frac Design (PDF)
- Optimum Fracture Design! Do I Need Conductivity or Length? (PDF)
- Does Treated Water Make a Good Fracturing Fluid? (PDF)
The references below link to external website pages, selected and reviewed when the page was published. NSI is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- N.R. Warpinski, et al, “Comparison Study of Hydraulic Fracturing Models—Test Case: GRI Staged Field Experiment No. 3”, SPE Production & Facilities, February 1994.
- Larry K. Britt, and Michael B. Smith, “Horizontal Well Completion, Stimulation Optimization, and Risk Mitigation”, SPE 125526, September 2009.
- Håvard Jøranson, et al, “Better Reservoir Management Through Improved Water Injection Methods With Data Analysis and Detailed Fracture/Reservoir Modeling”, SPE 110329, November 2007.
- Reeves, S.R., Cox, D.O., Smith, M.B. and Schatz, J.F., “Stimulation Technology in the Antrim Shale”,
SPE 26203, June 1993.
- L.K. Britt, M.B. Smith, et al, “A Multidisciplinary Approach to Hydraulic Fracturing in the South Texas
Wilcox Formation”, SPE 102226, September 2006.
- Ziad Haddad, Mike Smith and Flavio Dias De Moraes, “Challenges of Designing Multi-Stage Frac Packs in the Lower Tertiary Formation – Cascade and Chinook Fields”, SPE 140498, January 2011.
- D. Zhu, N. Radjadhyax, A.D. Hill, and C.T. Montgomery, “Using Integrated Information to Optimizing
Matrix Acidizing”, SPE 68930, May 2001.
- Fracture Dissolution of Carbonate Rock: An Innovative Process for Gas Storage, NETL Technical Report, February 2004.
The companies below regularly collaborate with NSI and serve as our trusted partners. For more on individual companies and services please visit their links below.
Shale focused features include:
- Discrete Fracture Network Model
- Microseismic Visualization
- Stress Shadow Effect
- Economics Optimization
Stay in Touch with NSI:
- StimPlan™ Tips and Updates
- News and Events
- Upcoming Courses